The following questions remain as we move forward to build a robust intellectual community within the SOE.
The Work of the Task Force
- As membership changes, can momentum for change be sustained?
- How can we expand our Task Force-consensus to the larger faculty?
Building Faculty-Wide Support
- How can a community tolerate and respond to dissent?
- How can we mediate building community as we also decrease faculty autonomy?
- Now that we have core courses, how do we work to make the content of those courses transparent?
- How can we make sure other courses actually build on the content of the core?
- How much do core courses depend on who is teaching them?
- Does increasing the core dilute the specializations?
- What should be the form of a common prelim?
- Who should write it, who should grade it?
- What if students don't pass?